1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Le40r51b

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by AS_Platinum, Oct 6, 2005.

1. AS_Platinum

AS_Platinum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now from reading previous posts I see alot off ppl with either the 26" or 32" version but I'm looking at getting the 40", anyone bought one of these and what did they think of them, whats all this malarky about it playing things at 60hz does it make much difference? (note: I won't be watching football, as ppl seem to say there is some kind of tearing where the ball moves.)

2. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Hi M8,

I have gone one of these screens and very pleased with it - Yes there is a tearing issue on 60hz via HDMI but i got the firmware and cable directly from Samsung and updated it - Now there appears to be no tearing.

I'll try and post some shots up so you can have a look.

DVDCHILD

3. Theriomophic

Theriomophic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have got one of these TVs and I must say I am very impressed with the picture and it also looks fantastic. I haven't had any tearing issues either so I must be doing something wrong or I have a later set with updated firmware.

Would not hesitate in recommending to any of my friends at all.

T

4. southpaw

southpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys.

Please please please can we see your photos and where did you buy from and for how much.

Thanks

5. oblivion8

oblivion8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mines on order from sound and vision :)
    went into harrods last week to to see this beast in the flesh (only £2500 ..lol ) ,and WoW what a great tv ... the picture is excellent :smashin:

ps: will post back as soon as

6. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    i got mine from Digi-uk and paid £1579 inclusive of delivery and got it next day. excellent service and good company to deal with - I'll post some pictures when i can find my digi camera.

7. AS_Platinum

AS_Platinum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replys guys.

Got another Q, The tv will be hung on the wall, but above the fireplace, will that be ok, obviously the fire won't be on all the time, prob only when it gets reeeeaaly Cold (central heating does a pretty good job anyway), the fireplace will eventually have a mantlepiece so say if the fire was on would that shield the tv from the heatsource??

Theriomophic just noticed u live in orpington, I used to live near there Petts Wood until the miss's dragged me down to the newforest where my next door neighbor is now a horse :D, how is orpington, still a lovely place as ever??? :D

8. phorenzik

phorenzik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67