LE40M87: Broken or not?

rheeley

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys sorry but i cannot read through the entire thread on this set as am just using my mothers internet whilst here for dinner, i am still waiting on internet being installed at my new flat.

My problem is that i just had my samsung le40m87 delivered from BT and it has the 2002 firmware which is apparently the latest yet i still seem to get movie plus enabled all the time after switching it off, is this normal?

But that is by the by, my main problem i need urgent help with is that the screen keeps going black periodically, only for a few seconds then switches itself back on and has reset picture sizes etc. Happens on all sources that i can tell, when playing ps3 on HDMI, watching dvd through scart or the freeview.

Does not seem to be a pattern with it, only happens a few times a day but i am unsure if i need to get set replaced or if it is a setting on the tv i dont know of, like powersaving or screensaver? Could anyone give me some urgent input please as i am nearly out of my 7 day returns term.

Also is 2002 meant to have fixed all firmware bugs or do i still need samsung out to patch it?

Thanks very much,

Rob

You made me confused!!!The movie plus problem have fixed from very earlier fw!!!

You made me confused!!!The movie plus problem have fixed from very earlier fw!!!

Hmm every time i go into the menu movie plus is back on. Its not a big deal anyway i can live with it as dont really notice it. Very happy with the picture and performance over all.

Its just this screen going black periodically, anyone have information on that? does it happen to anyone else or is my tv faulty?

Also with regards to the firmware issues, i still have judder on freeview too, not enough to bother me too much as getting sky but still seems odd when i have the latest firmware 2002.

Also with regards to the firmware issues, i still have judder on freeview too, not enough to bother me too much as getting sky but still seems odd when i have the latest firmware 2002.

Very surprised at your Movie Plus problem, but not so at the Freeview Judder (unfortunately).

As a 2002 f/w owner, please could you sign the poll on the Freeview Judder fault.

Cheers.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528371

Just been reading a thread and read about 'shop mode' which seems could be cause for my movie plus coming back on and the black screen? will try the holding +volume and menu button on side of screen, what u all reckon?

Samsung us faq said:
To turn off Shop Mode, hold the Menu button on the TV (not on the remote) down for three seconds.

Note: Shop Mode is activated in the same manner: Pressing and holding the Menu button on your TV for three seconds. To avoid accidentally setting your TV to Shop Mode, avoid pressing and holding the Menu button on the TV for three seconds or more.
try the above.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom