LE40F86BD for SD?

ry2kelly

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've faffed around looking for a good TV for Sky+ SD for so long - technology may have lapped me!

I've looked at the w2000 which is good for the 1080p, but I've heard bad things about clouding and mixed things about the lack of 100hz. I've looked at the D3000, which doesn't have 1080p (for futureproof and PS3/Blu-Ray being the downside).

I have noticed the LE40F86BD has been released - this seems like the set for me, with 3 x HDMI ports, 1080p and 100hz. Would go for a similar spec in the Sony, but they don't seem to represent value for money compared to the Samsung

What does everyone think of this set? Anyone have any better suggestions?

Requirements:

- Sky+ SD
- DVD
- PS3 (probably!)
- Watching football
- PC connection (maybe!)

Would appreciate your opinions

Cheers

I'm pretty nervous about buying an 40" LCD TV as it will be used primarily for Sky SD.

Would an expensive SCART cable settle my nerves?

If it's mainly for Sky SD I wouldn't consider a HD LCD but each to their own.

Hmmm, I have been worried about SD with LCD.

What does a man like me do when he wants a bigger TV with HD capabilities, but still wants to watch non-HD TV.

Guess I want my cake and eat it.

Hmmm, I have been worried about SD with LCD.

What does a man like me do when he wants a bigger TV with HD capabilities, but still wants to watch non-HD TV.

Guess I want my cake and eat it.

Simple, he buys a plasma

Simple, he buys a plasma

How does a Plasma compare to a CRT? They don't come very cheap with full HD do they?

How about an LCD with Sky SD via a S-Video connection (clutching at straws here :))

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom