LE40F71B Force 1080p Justscan?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by daleski75, Apr 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. daleski75

daleski75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I have got a PS3 and it all works flawlessly apart from one annoying niggly fault...

When I play a game in 720p it all looks great and well impressed over all...

Now comes the annoying part....

If I then play a film in 1080p or anything else which uses 1080p then it switches to 16:9 mode and I have to constantly change it to justscan everytime.. this wouldnt be a problem if everything for the PS3 was 1080p!

Is there anyway of forcing it to always use Justscan when a 1080p signal is detected?

Does the LEM86/87 have this problem? if not would be tempted to change my TV!

Cheers

Dale

2. reaper12

reaper12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Are you sure you have got this the right way around?

I set my TV to justscan when I am playing the PS3. If I play a 720p game it switches to 16:9 and I can't change it to justscan when playing a 720P game. But it will stay in justscan if I play a 1080p movie, or play a 1080p game or go surfing or anything else. The only time it will switch out of justscan is if I am playing a 720p game. Alot of games, like RFOM and Motorstorm are only 720p, so are you sure you are playing 1080p games when it switches from justscan?

3. daleski75

daleski75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Yeah the problem is if I play a 1080p game such as ridge racer and set it to justscan it works fine, if I then switch to a 720p game (justscan greyed out) and then switch back to the 1080p game it always defaults back to 16:9 mode and I have to then go through the picture modes to change it back to justscan on 1080p.

Hope that makes more sense!

4. reaper12

reaper12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Well, that's fairly logical Peter :)

The TV stays in the last mode you set it too. So, for example, if you were to set it to 4:3 on HDMI input and then switch to VGA to check your email on your PC, then after checking your email and switched back to HDMI input your TV would still be in 4:3 mode.

So, because there is no justscan on 720p sources (it is not needed) it stays in the mode that it was last in which is 16:9 after playing your 720p game. So when you go back into the PS3 main menu you have to turn justscan on again. It will stay, even if you switch inputs, but it will turn off when you play a 720p game again.

Is this a fault of the TV?? I don't know, it is doing what it is programmed to do and that is too remember the last setting it was set too lol
    annoying I know, but hardly the TV's fault :) And pressing the picture mode button 4 times is a real pain in the ass :rotfl: ;)

5. daleski75

daleski75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Its one of those small things which I find annoying lol and I did think that about what you mentioned with the 16:9 mode under 720p just a shame it does not default to 1:1 pixel mapping and then this would not be a problem for me!

6. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    As said above any tv will do this, surely it isnt too much of a problem to just press a few inputs on the remote doesnt bother me. Anyway this could of been best placed in the big f71 thread dont you think.

7. daleski75

daleski75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I did think about that supermackem but the thread has got so big I thought it would of got lost amongst all the other questions in there.