LE40A559P4F or LE40M87BDX or LE40A559P4F

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by ACiDuS, Jun 16, 2008.

1. ACiDuS

ACiDuS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, :hiya:

I'm in the market for a new TV, and someone recommended AVforums as a place to go for the best advice. I was wondering if you could help me out?

I'm looking for a 1080p set. Its going to be used mainly for games and blu-ray, but also quite a bit of SD tv content.

I'm looking to spend around 700, maybe a bit higher, gladly a bit less, but that kind of area. After a little look around I've come across these three sets. they seem to be pretty decent, but I was wondering what you guys might recommend given what I want to use the set for?

Would be great to hear which of these three models is the best, but I'm also totally open to any recommendations you might have of other tv sets that I might have missed around the same price. 37 is an option, but 32 is a no-no, my tv area is simply too far away and I've got my heart set on 1080p.

I'm hoping to hook my logitech surround set into whichever I buy so I'm assuming any of these will be able to convert the 5:1 from ps3/360 from the hdmi to the audio out on the tv also? Fairly small detail but I am curious about that :)

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who chimes in with advice.

2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    Definitely the A559 model is better than M87 and has done progress in reliability