LE37R87 - would this be ok???

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by AWilky, Sep 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. AWilky

AWilky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again,

Ain't been around on these forums for a while. I've just bought my first house and I'm looking to get a new TV for my living room.
    I currently have a Samsung LE26R73BD which I must say I've been really really pleased with. Picture quality is excellent and I've not complaints.

My initial thoughts were to just go for a 32 inch version of the same (or similiar) model and I was looking at the LE32R87BDX for £520 or the LE32N73BDX for £550 both from play.com. Kinda had a change of heart yesterday though and I'm thinking for an extra £80-£100 I could get a 37inch Sammy the LE37R87BDX is £630 from play.com also. So I've just a couple of questions really - I know my current 26inch Sammy is obviously an older model which I've had for over a year now but if I'm happy with that will the LE37R87 be just as good?

i.e. what's the main differences or anything I should be concerned about between the LE##R73 series and the LE##R87??? Pretty confident but just wanna be sure before I take the plunge

Any help would be great

Cheers

Adam

2. davejm

davejm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The LE37R87 is a good TV, so you can't really go wrong.

I'm not familiar with the R73 series, so it might be an older range.

You might be able to get it cheaper than from Play though. Check out the retail outlets and see what the best price is (the LE32R87BDX was £460 in Comet at one point) and then try and get a price match from John Lewis (they give you a 5 year warranty).

3. AWilky

AWilky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah the R73 is an older range, just wondering if there's much difference though really between that and R78

4. ABLE

ABLE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    3 HDMIs, better viewing angles, better panels, more setting options to improve picture...had a 26 R73 which was good to us then moved onto a plethera of 32 r74s which were kak..r87 best LCD i have had to date..it still suffers from a few inherant faults: light bleed and it shows up various artifacts and light patches when viewed at night..but having owned and viewed a zillion LCDs, they all have their faults... all in all, for me, a great package compared to older samsung models.

5. AWilky

AWilky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Able

Thanks very much for that, I'm 100% that's what i'm gonna go for now. Appreciate your reply.

Adam