LE37R41B or N3760W

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by skiba, Mar 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. skiba

skiba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm in the market for a 37" HD LCD and these seem to be the two best value for money but cannot find a decent review of either. Does anyone know of any obvious differences? This will be for alot of 360 usage and then some DVD/TV. Any ideas gents? Thanks

edit: Also considering the LG RZ-37LZ31 now...

2. po_man

po_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I would certainly hold out for the new Samsung LE37R74BD. This is due sometime in April but is a lot more stylish and better spec'd - although still only comes with 1 x HDMI input

3. skiba

skiba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds interesting, I can't find anything about it...any word on price as it's the £1100 price tag that is appealing about the current 37" Sammy.

4. skiba

skiba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Would the be better than the Sammy for the same price?

5. Duradrum

Duradrum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I had a Samsung LE37R41. At first I thought it was amazing. Nice bright colours, HD Xbox 360 looked great and the size was perfect. But as the days went on I started to spot things that were really annoying.

Coming from a Sony Wega KV32FQ 100hz set, I was really disappointed in the performance in the darker areas. They seem to lose too much information. Turning up the brightness didn't help; it just made the black areas 'greyer'. I think the contrast ratio is too low on this TV to produce decent blacks with no loss of detail.

Another thing that annoyed me wsa the 'smearing'. Most noticible in fine lines of high contrast on movement. The still pictures were very good, but as soon as there was some movement the whole screen lost sharpness. I later found out that this was due to the sharpening effect that the screen uses to 'enhance' the picture.

Overall, I would not recommend this set. The initial 'wow' factor was there, but if you are used to a great picture (the 100hz Wega's in my opinion were one of the greatest CRT's) then there will be things that start to annoy you if you are picky (can you tell I am!)

I have since returned it and have been searching for a replacement. I have looked at LOTS of new screens. In my opinion, the new Panasonic PX60 plasma is ahead of the current LCD's in all aspects. I have placed an order and will receive it next week :thumbsup:

6. brettboz

brettboz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too am looking at this model. In fact I have already bought the Sony S32 but have decided I need more than 32 and looking at the 37's available where I live (Spain) I have found the Samsung or the LG. Both are about the same price so I ordered the Samsung and am waiting for it to be delivered.

I am still not sure its the right decision though but only because of lack of finding information on this set.

I also tried to find somewhere where the stock the LE-40M51 but I dont think it is available in Spain yet as nobody seems to have one (they only sell the M61 and it comes in at 3500€).

If anyone has seen the LG and Sammy in action I would love to know which is better.