LE32R88 to laptop hdmi

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by davidGouge, May 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. davidGouge

davidGouge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Yep, it's another Samsung thread. ;)

Took delivery of an LE32R88 panel yesterday. One of the things i will be using it with is my HP laptop to watch Lost / Heroes etc. I can connect these up with hdmi.

Whilst it looked good, I was expecting something better. There seemed to be a hell of a lot of overscan and i'm pretty sure (didn't have much time though) that the Heroes 'eclipse' logo wasn't round.

Need to spend some time fiddling i think, but if anyone has any good tips to get good picture on my lcd from my lappy through HDMI i would be most appreciative. There might even be a cyber-pint in it. ;)

2. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    why do people insist on using hdmi for their pc input? - it has been stated countless times on here that you can only get 1:1 pixel mapping through the vga input on the r88.....

3. davidGouge

davidGouge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :suicide: Thanks for the reply. Will give it a blast with a vga cable tonight. :thumbsup:

4. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    yea david, i appreciate a detailed review on what the samsung is like as a pc monitor - id be doing the same as you - connecting my dell laptop directly to the screen through a vga cable
    id be interested in how it performs with downloaded tv programs, windows media player, youtube videos, web browsing and maybe even the odd game like command and conquer and championship manager
    Any feedback appreciated......

5. neeshman

neeshman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think people insist using hdmi, because vga seems a bit ancient seeing as its an analog connection, you would expect the newer digital hdmi connection to work better. and also newer gfx cards do not come with vga out, only dvi/hdmi.

6. davidGouge

davidGouge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Plugged the laptop in using VGA last night and the difference was incredible. Pin sharp, nice and bright (once i'd turned pc theatre mode on), made media center stuff look great. Does seem like a step backwards in technology but the results are amazing.

7. IDmark

IDmark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will give it a go myself tonight (dell laptop to R8) and tell you what i think as well.

8. Kamgusta

Kamgusta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can map 1:1 with HDMI2
    HDMI input is far superior than VGA in definition and colours reproduction