LE32R73BDX + 360 component

J273

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just got this tv hooked my 360 up via component but im finding thw quality really bad.......washed out colours and image is not very sharp at all.

I got a better picture from my old Goodmands HD tv

whats the best settings to have on the 360 with this Tv....Im a little lost

I also have a Madcatz VGA cable ive never used ....whats the best setup to have VGA or componenet with this Tv

Thanks

out of interest, why did you go for this tv instead of the new r88 series?

That's exactly the way I have mine setup by component and the picture is awesome at 1080i, are you sure you have it setup properly, on the output cable on the 360 have you selected HDTV ( there is a switch on the underside that says TV or HDTV ) then have you selected 1080i on the 360 dashboard under setup, seems a little basic I know but I cant understand how your image can be bad because as I say mine is awesome. I have my settings on game mode and just put the brightness upto about 70.:thumbsup:

Yeah ive swithced the switch on the cable and setup within the menus .....Are your menus within the 360 sharp or are the words like fury if you get what i mean?

Ive only tried vegas on it and the colours seem very washed out

also are the brightness and contrast settings on the tv are these seperate from each input be it ext.1 ext.2 / componenet...if you get what i mean:confused:

Thanks

I have the same TV, if anything, Component is more rich and colourful than it should be.

What resolution have you got it set at in the dashboard?

Ive got it set to 1080i.....and it pops up saying somthing about 50hz.......Is that right?

Ive just alterd a few settings within the Tv and the pictures getting better....Ive only just bought the tv and didnt realise that each input option have different settings for each and they get changed when you change the source...Doh

ill get there :smashin:

Dashboard is crystal clear at 1080i, The settings can be different for each input but only if you have it set to like ie tv normal, pc dynamic, and component game, that's the way I have it set up. Don't know what else to say really if you say that the setup is right because the image should be pin sharp.:thumbsdow. If you press info on the tv remote does it say 1080i @ 60htz when you have the 360 connected and switched on.

It says

Picture :dynamic
Sound:Custom
SRS TSXT:ON
14:42
1920X1080I @60HZ

Just out of interest is yours a cmo3 panel?

Don't know what panel it is (had it since November ) :rolleyes: but take it out of dynamic and switch game mode on to see if that helps. pip only works on pc vga I'm afraid:thumbsdow

don't know what panel it is :rolleyes: but take it out of dynamic and switch game mode on to see if that helps. pip only works on pc vga I'm afraid:thumbsdow

Ahhh ok thanks....Its just ive heard bad things of CMO panels didnt know if this had anything to do with it.

Its on a little sticker on the back.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom