le32r7 problems

A

AdL2

Does anyone here use this as a monitor for a htpc? I am and am having a slight problem.

The actual dispay that the pc is producing is slightly larger than the actual screen and I cant find any way to shrink it. Normally with a pc i would just use the monitors contols, but i cant find any similar on the tv.

I have tried changing resolution, i am currently on 1280 x 720, but that does not helpp. I have alos tried searching for program to shrink the dispay but have been unsuccesfull. I hhave also fiddled about in the settings without success.

Can anyone help? I am using an nvidia gfx card btw.

1360x768 is supported fine, maybe your res isn't... have you tried checking the refresh rate? makes a difference! how about 1280x1024?

My le32r74 won't accept x720 as a res, x480, x 600 or x768 when connected with VGA. Using HDML to my cards DVI it goes up to x1080.

I have that exact set and use it for htpc, you didn't mention how you have it connected ie vga hdmi ect, I have mine connected vga to vga and the resolution at 1360 by 768 at 60hrz and it is perfect, it also works perfectly from dvi to vga at that resolution:thumbsup: ps the hdmi port is no good as a pc connection

Thanks for the replies. I am connected through a DVI to HDMI cable.

I have just tried all those resolutions suggested without success.

Does anyone know of a program that emulates those butttons that are normally on the front of a monitor?

I'm running mine on 1360x768 via an ATI card. It's connected by a standard VGA cable.

I have 'ATI Catalyst Control Center' loaded, which controls pretty much everything I need. You can stretch, shrink, or move the image on the screen (screenshot attached).

Attachments

• ATI CCC.JPG
    ATI CCC.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 769
I have a bit of a problem then, the cable is stuck in the wall and will be a bit of a pain to swap over!

How come HDMI is no good for htpc? I just read that it was best quality going so bought it.

There must be a similar program out there for nvidia. I will try asking at pc forum perhaps.

I have a bit of a problem then, the cable is stuck in the wall and will be a bit of a pain to swap over!

How come HDMI is no good for htpc? I just read that it was best quality going so bought it.

There must be a similar program out there for nvidia. I will try asking at pc forum perhaps.

you can but try but as already said hdmi is no good for pc connection it even says it in the samsung manual, but hey, go for it and if you come up with an answer we'll all be interested. but I can only reiterate that vga to vga or dvi to vga looks fantastic because it is 1 to1 pixel mapping and even if you find a way of using the hdmi port on the samsung that will fill the screen it wont be 1 to 1 ie 1360 by 768 so the image will be stretched and wont look as good. you could of always gone for a lg lcd because they do 1 to 1 over vga and hdmi but I have compared both and imho the samsung not only looks better it also performs better:thumbsup: ps you could try something like http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_1.html but I cant guarantee the results because I have never used it ,but I can say always follow instructions with caution

I'm sure some clever PC type will figure out a fix for this. Just remember that Samsung say not to connect a PC to the HDMI so if there is a problem I don't know how your warranty would be affected.

Got a similar problem, but I am limited to 1024x768 as I just installed Vista on my Laptop and there is only a default driver pack (which works quite well tbh but...) with just a vista driver, it doesnt have an application to make a lot of changes.

Hi,

just got an LE32R74BDX and its great - using with TopUp TV anytime and the pic quality is amazing.

One niggle though, have connected up to PC so i could see some HDTV which i did with great sucess.

I set the resolutino to 1360*768 at 60Hz and set all the dot clocks etc as the Samsung manual indicates but...

...I had about 2" of black space to the right of the image, aspect and everything was ok.

I was able to reduce the bar to about 1" buy making adjustments on the TV but its still there.

Has anybody had this problem with a solution?

Im using a NVidia GeForce FX5200 with the Nvidia control pannel.

Thanks,
Stuart

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom