LE32R41BD VGA or HDMI?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by oblivion_6, Mar 19, 2006.

Tags:
  1. oblivion_6

oblivion_6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Guys,

im picking this sammy up hopefully this week and im wondering how should i output my pc to it?

VGA i know the samm does 1:1 but im wondering coz my gfx does HDCP and dual DVI can i just run a DVI->HDMI cable and maybe get a better picture that way?

ANyone tried both?

cheers

2. Dogboats

Dogboats
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don't bother with the HDMI for anything other than video - the overscan makes any screen text look terrible.

1:1 pixel mapping over the VGA port on the Sammy LE32R41BD looks brilliant. I would especially recommend Half-Life 2 (in 16:9 widescreen mode at 1360x768) which is simply amazing! :D

3. Carnagerover

Carnagerover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Damn i was looking at going down that route. I want to use something other that PC mode at night, as the backlight cant be turned down it makes my eyes bleed when the room is pitch black.

I was looking into the Ati cards, that have a dongle on them that lets you have component out and display you pc at 720p or 1080i from what i understand, also this would allow me to lower the backlight.

Does anyone know of any Ati cards that do this, not looking to spend a great deal as it wont be used for games

4. Dogboats

Dogboats
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The DVI to HDMI cable worked well on my Sammy so if you could find some way of compensating for the overscan you might get a decent picture through HDMI.

My nVidia 6800GT allows you to adjust for overscan but I'm not sure if you can get 1360x768 to work. I don't know if you can do this with the ATI cards. VGA looks great and is problem free so I haven't bothered too much with the HDMI option.

5. Chris282

Chris282

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I connected my Samsung via VGA with my PC (ATI X740XL).
    The picture is really good in 720p but when I configure the Resolution to 1366 x 768 I get two blue stripes left on the left and right (about one inch wide) and I don't understand why as I thought it should be without any bars at all.

6. ianmason

ianmason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4