LE32R41BD VGA or HDMI?

oblivion_6

Novice Member
Guys,

im picking this sammy up hopefully this week and im wondering how should i output my pc to it?

VGA i know the samm does 1:1 but im wondering coz my gfx does HDCP and dual DVI can i just run a DVI->HDMI cable and maybe get a better picture that way?

ANyone tried both?

cheers

Dogboats

Standard Member
Don't bother with the HDMI for anything other than video - the overscan makes any screen text look terrible.

1:1 pixel mapping over the VGA port on the Sammy LE32R41BD looks brilliant. I would especially recommend Half-Life 2 (in 16:9 widescreen mode at 1360x768) which is simply amazing! :D

Yorkshirelion

Damn i was looking at going down that route. I want to use something other that PC mode at night, as the backlight cant be turned down it makes my eyes bleed when the room is pitch black.

I was looking into the Ati cards, that have a dongle on them that lets you have component out and display you pc at 720p or 1080i from what i understand, also this would allow me to lower the backlight.

Does anyone know of any Ati cards that do this, not looking to spend a great deal as it wont be used for games

Dogboats

Standard Member
The DVI to HDMI cable worked well on my Sammy so if you could find some way of compensating for the overscan you might get a decent picture through HDMI.

My nVidia 6800GT allows you to adjust for overscan but I'm not sure if you can get 1360x768 to work. I don't know if you can do this with the ATI cards. VGA looks great and is problem free so I haven't bothered too much with the HDMI option.

C

Chris282

I connected my Samsung via VGA with my PC (ATI X740XL).
The picture is really good in 720p but when I configure the Resolution to 1366 x 768 I get two blue stripes left on the left and right (about one inch wide) and I don't understand why as I thought it should be without any bars at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom