Le32m61b Dead Pixel.

xp1

Hi, got this tv last tuesday from Komplett.co.uk but unfortunately it has a black dead pixel which i can see even 6 feet from the screen. :(

It is low down on the screen and because i use it as a PC monitor not visible as the icons along the bottom taskbar hide it. Only will be noticable if a game was displaying a bright colour or completely full screen on freeview (setting the aspect ratio above where the taskbar ends means i do not see it).

I have told Komplett about it but they will not replace it for one dead pixel.

I requested a cooling off period rma two days ago and received an rma number but on the email i received it said "if the only reason i returned the tv was because of the dead pixel it almost certainly would be returned to me.

I had thought as long as i contacted them within the 7 working day cooling off period i could cancel the goods for any reason.

Also the Komplett website mentions that the goods must be not used/opened in the cooling off period. Because i have opened the item and checked for dead pixels do they have a right to return the tv to me even when i contacted them before the cooling off period ended?

I would like to keep this tv but the pixel fault is annoying. Would Samsung send me a replacement for only one dead pixel?

Thanks.

Goof

Samsung wouldn't likely replace it, no. I can sympathise, my LCD monitor has 2 stuck pixels (even worse) red and green. If you were desparate you could return it to complete, maybe if you asked nice they'd only charge 10% restocking fee. Alternatively, you can "massage" dead pixels back to life sometimes - do a search for more info.

xp1

Thanks.

Komplett have said the cooling off period only applies to goods that are unopened/unused.

Someone posted that they got their 40" Samsung LE32M61b replaced for 1 dead pixel.

Wonder how they managed that?

Tempest

Distinguished Member
xp1 said:
Thanks.

Komplett have said the cooling off period only applies to goods that are unopened/unused.

Someone posted that they got their 40" Samsung LE32M61b replaced for 1 dead pixel.

Wonder how they managed that?

This REALLY makes me mad :mad:

Shops like this seem to try and make the law up to suit themselves.

The Distance Selling Regulations are supposed to be in place to give you the same opportunity to see the goods like you would in a store.

How the hell can you view the goods and see if they meet the advertized mail order description if you are not allowed to open the box.

You are supposed to be able to return the goods for ANY reason, the wrong colour, you don't like the shape of it now you see in in the flesh, bigger/smaller than expected.
That's what they are there for, now some shops are trying it on.

This really needs someone (who had a difficult shop) to take this to court (or ask a lawyer) and get this dam messing about settled once and for all.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom