LE26R41BDX no freeview working?

mrchipz

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just bought the LE26R41BDX from Waratah.

Can i not get any freeview channels from the TV? I have connected only mains aerial and get normal 1-5 channels. When i press the DTV button it says no signal, can anyone help how to see freeview channels? :lease:

In the first instance are you able to receive Freeview in your area?
Get an ariel installer to come and do a signal strenght test on your exisiting ariel to see if it is good enough.

mrchipz said:
I have just bought the LE26R41BDX from Waratah.

Can i not get any freeview channels from the TV? I have connected only mains aerial and get normal 1-5 channels. When i press the DTV button it says no signal, can anyone help how to see freeview channels? :lease:

Why don't you read the manual :rolleyes: there is a separate setup menu for DTV

smallmanongn said:
In the first instance are you able to receive Freeview in your area?
Get an ariel installer to come and do a signal strenght test on your exisiting ariel to see if it is good enough.

Ariel is what you put in your washing machine.

The word is AERIAL...God, it's on this forum often enough.:rolleyes:

JayCee said:

True....you need to scan for digital channels using the DTV menu when you first get your tv. However, chances are you aren't picking up a strong enough signal anyway. You may need to install a better outside aerial, or it may just be that you can't pick up any signal in your area.

Like the previous post said, get an aerial engineer to come round and test your signal strength. Then they will be able to tell you what your best options are.

Worked for me, although I did have to shell out £75 on a new aerial....

JayCee said:
Before you go off on one, you can't access the DTV menu if you can't get a signal. If it says no signal on screen, no button pressing will bring anything up. I have the same problem.

bignige said:
Before you go off on one, you can't access the DTV menu if you can't get a signal. If it says no signal on screen, no button pressing will bring anything up. I have the same problem.

Wrong...I installed one today, you scan for signals within the DTV setup menu.
The default on-screen message is "No Signal"...that's because you haven't tuned it yet. :lesson:

JayCee said:
Ariel is what you put in your washing machine.

The word is AERIAL...God, it's on this forum often enough.:rolleyes:
Dont let this forum get like Digital Spy. All that has on it are grammar and spelling fascists.
As long as the question is understood and there is an answer then thats all the forum should be interested in. :)

chriszzzzzz said:
Dont let this forum get like Digital Spy. All that has on it are grammar and spelling fascists.
As long as the question is understood and there is an answer then thats all the forum should be interested in. :)

No, I don't agree :lesson:
I think people should make an effort, the extremely poor spelling and grammar put me off "Digital Spy".
This forum has better standards and I want it to stay that way. As I said, that particular word must be one of the most common that appear here and there is no excuse for getting it wrong.

JayCee said:
No, I don't agree :lesson:
I think people should make an effort, the extremely poor spelling and grammar put me off "Digital Spy".
This forum has better standards and I want it to stay that way. As I said, that particular word must be one of the most common that appear here and there is no excuse for getting it wrong.

Do you spank those who don't listen and keep getting it wrong? :D

aerial is okay, as my last TV had integrated freeview.

Got it to work, did not realise it had a separate set up to normal TV!!! :clap:

The samsung instruction manual is good but could have been set up clearer for 1st time installation!

I mean you have to read p86 just learn to put screws for the base to the TV.

cheers all

mrchipz said:
aerial is okay, as my last TV had integrated freeview.

Got it to work, did not realise it had a separate set up to normal TV!!! :clap:

The samsung instruction manual is good but could have been set up clearer for 1st time installation!

I mean you have to read p86 just learn to put screws for the base to the TV.

cheers all

Glad to hear you got it working :smashin: ...wonder if "bignige" managed his?
I agree the user manual is badly laid out.

JayCee said:
Glad to hear you got it working :smashin: ...wonder if "bignige" managed his?
I agree the user manual is badly laid out.
Ok, boss, talk me through it. I bow down to your greater knowledge.
Nothing I do will get anything up. If I press DTV, it says "no signal".
If I press "DT Menu" it says "not available".
I have a seperate Freeview box which'll only pick up a few channels - I don't think I'm in the best place to receive it.
I have to agree about the grammar, don't be lazy people.

bignige said:
Ok, boss, talk me through it. I bow down to your greater knowledge.
Nothing I do will get anything up. If I press DTV, it says "no signal".
If I press "DT Menu" it says "not available".

Your model no definitely ends in "BDX"?
That's the suffix which means integrated Freeview.

Model no. does indeed end with BDX. It also has Freeview plastered all over the box.
Are you saying, even if I can't get a picture from freeview, I should still be able to access the menu?

I've just retuned my seperate Freeview on the Kitchen TV, it can receive about 20 odd channels, Not sure why I can't get this to work on the Samsung. Mrchipz, what did you do?

bignige said:
Model no. does indeed end with BDX. It also has Freeview plastered all over the box.
Are you saying, even if I can't get a picture from freeview, I should still be able to access the menu?

Yes..without a shred of doubt.
Switch it to DTV...call up the setup/install menu, you then pick automatic search and you should get the on-screen bargraph searching from the left-hand side...as it searchs it displays the number of channels found.
If you don't get this there is something wrong.

Right, I've pressed the DTV button. It says no signal.
Then I've pressed the D.Menu button, the screen flashes black, agian says no signal.
Any ideas, am I doing this right?

bignige said:
Right, I've pressed the DTV button. It says no signal.
Then I've pressed the D.Menu button, the screen flashes black, agian says no signal.
Any ideas, am I doing this right?

No, after pressing the DTV button, press the main menu button and use the down arrow till you get to the "install" (or is it setup?) menu..from there go into automatic search...try that. :smashin:

Pressed DTV, then the Main menu button, the only options available in set-up are TIME, BLUE SCREEN, MELODY & COLOUR WEAKNESS. The rest are greyed out eg. PLUG & PLAY etc.

bignige said:
Pressed DTV, then the Main menu button, the only options available in set-up are TIME, BLUE SCREEN, MELODY & COLOUR WEAKNESS. The rest are greyed out eg. PLUG & PLAY etc.

Right bignige this is how to do it.
Press DTV
Press D Menu
Down the left-hand side should be...

Guide
Preferences
Feature
Channel
System

Using the down arrow scroll down to Channel and press Enter.
You should then have "Autostore" already high-lighted...press the right arrow and the set should then display the on-screen bargraph and start searching left-to-right and displaying the number of channels found....this is dependent on aerial and reception quality.
Good luck. :smashin:

My TV is borked. Doing exactly as described above, when I get to pressing the D Menu I just get a black screen. Spoke to Samsung, was told it sounded faulty.
It's not the aerial, seperate Freeview box works fine, retuned it gets 84 channels.
Thanks for the help J.

bignige said:
My TV is borked. Doing exactly as described above, when I get to pressing the D Menu I just get a black screen. Spoke to Samsung, was told it sounded faulty.
It's not the aerial, seperate Freeview box works fine, retuned it gets 84 channels.
Thanks for the help J.

Bummer :thumbsdow
Hope you get it fixed or replaced then..good luck,
J.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom