1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LE26R41BDX Freeview

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by tdenson, Aug 2, 2005.

1. tdenson

tdenson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I've just ordered the BDX version of this from ED having got them to (almost) pricematch HomecinemaTV, however having second thoughts about whether the Freeview part is of any value to me. I think I originally assumed that I could extrac the Freeview signal out to a recorder (I happen to use Tivo) however am I right in thinking that that is not possible. In which case I will buy a standalone Freeview box and it seems to me that the Freeview part of the Samsung would be totally redundant.

Tony

2. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Tony
    Yes you can record the freeview signal from the BDX, however the TV needs to be on and you can, obviously, only record what is on the screen, so it is restricted - however I would still get the BDX and another freeview box then you can record and watch another channel on freeview rather than record and only watch channels 1-5 - just my take on it.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    Sure; it has to be a "plus" that you could watch one (extra, freeview, or regular) channel whilst recording any other channel both in their full, widescreen, digital form.

4. f1005705

f1005705
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could also save the extra for the "freeview model" and buy a twin tuner DVR./PVR. I'm thinking about going down that route.

5. tdenson

tdenson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Exactly my thinking - lusting after the "Toppy" at the moment :)
    Would there be better picture quality using the inbuilt Freeview given that the connections are internal, or is it really down to the UHF source ?

By the way I mistakenly said I was buying the LE26, I meant the LE32.

Tony