LE26R41B versus the new LE27T51B

wooky42

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any 'inside' info on the LE27T51B? is the 'T' a new screen. Any pros and cons on the 27" version vs the 26", I'm waiting on the 27" having pre-ordered it already.

There's very little out there on the LE27T51B, Samsung UK as usual have not heard of it, the manual is available on the Samsung Corporate site, I quite like the look of it, but am I missing some fundemental feature it's lacking?

Wooky

Hi,

The sammy LE27T51B also caught my eye as a cheaper alternative to the 26" LE26R51B/41B etc. Looking around the web the german samsung site seems to have the most info and as far as I can make out the made difference is DVI-HDCP rather than HDMI (which i think is fine since i'm looking for no-hassle pc connectivity, and i read that using an hdmi-dvi converter results in some clipping but i'm not sure about that), and no SRS TruSurround XT. Plus there is something about 10bit processing for the LE26R51B, don't read german :(

At £549 vs £660 I think the LE27T51B looks like a bargain for those who want a HD LCD from a big brand and can do without HDMI and can live with an all black TV.

Unless I change my mind in the next few days i think i'm going to order one on payday!

Graham

gahh100 said:
Hi,

The sammy LE27T51B also caught my eye as a cheaper alternative to the 26" LE26R51B/41B etc. Looking around the web the german samsung site seems to have the most info and as far as I can make out the made difference is DVI-HDCP rather than HDMI (which i think is fine since i'm looking for no-hassle pc connectivity, and i read that using an hdmi-dvi converter results in some clipping but i'm not sure about that), and no SRS TruSurround XT. Plus there is something about 10bit processing for the LE26R51B, don't read german :(

At £549 vs £660 I think the LE27T51B looks like a bargain for those who want a HD LCD from a big brand and can do without HDMI and can live with an all black TV.

Unless I change my mind in the next few days i think i'm going to order one on payday!

Graham

The Manual is available on the corporate site and it does say no PC Function on DVI, that put me off a bit.

I was told the LE27 was now exclusive to a UK major retailer, so that was one reason it disappeared for the DigiUK website.

I ended up with the LE26R41 as the delivery dates kept being put back on the LE27.

The LE26 was £588 for HomecinemaTV, the price on the LE27 looks good however, who was that with?

Wooky

The price of £549 is with komplett.co.uk

Rereading the manaul i spotted the "DVI does not support PC function" point. Thats Cheeky! Cheers for the headsup

DVI still "probably" accepts PC at 720p or 1080i which some gfx can output.

It may be the case that the EDID table is not complete, this may be over come using Powerstrip. The VGA mode of the existing 41/51 series Samsungs has been reported on these forums to be extremely good 1:1 pixel mapped.

Another possibility is that the DVI socket is just digital DVI-D and not a DVI-I which allows both Digitial (DVI-D) and analogue (DVI-A), this could be likely as it has a separate VGA socket, and I have not read any posts of DVI-A being input through the HDMI socket on existing 41/51 series (with DVI to HDMI adapter, only posts using PC via DVI-D through HDMI, and the users prefered VGA PQ).

Just have to wait to see any feedback on this cheaper model. I actually have a DVI upscaling samsung DVD player, so the DVI would be useful. But my main requirement is that I run 2 PC's off my TV (currently one DVI-A and one DVI-D).

Good points there rockyspieler.

It may be the "DVI does not support PC function" is there to indicate that if it's just a DVI-D connection a pc hocked up using a VGA - DVI adapter would not work (since the signal would still be analogue).

anything further on this model - PC connection oer DVI etc - the extra 1" in size would be nice (26 being a bit small, 32 to big for viewing distance we will have)

cheers
Gary

I just got the LE27T51B and am a bit worried now. Try as I might I can't find anything to do with 720p on the TV and don't know how to test it. I would have gotten the LE26R41B but the shop I went to didn't have it in stock. he whole reason i got the TV was so that I could play Xbox 360 games at 720p and if the TV I have doesn't support it that makes it rather useless.

Luckly the store is happy to echange it for the LE26R41B when it comes in but just wondered if I needed to.

Hi all, don't want to hijack this thread but I am also looking at buying this TV but need to know one thing, Does it have audio out?

Thanks in advance.

anyone else have the 27T model?? it does seem a reasonable compromise between price/size.

am tempted at play.com price of £549 as looking for a reasonably size display, hd ready at a good price.

Have about £1000 to buy display, wall bracket, hi-fi rack, cables etc but obviously would prefer to spend less :)

Gary

hey im pretty sure the tv has a vga plug so u can plug a pc/360 in tht way

PSMad said:
I just got the LE27T51B and am a bit worried now. Try as I might I can't find anything to do with 720p on the TV and don't know how to test it. I would have gotten the LE26R41B but the shop I went to didn't have it in stock. he whole reason i got the TV was so that I could play Xbox 360 games at 720p and if the TV I have doesn't support it that makes it rather useless.

Luckly the store is happy to echange it for the LE26R41B when it comes in but just wondered if I needed to.

to test it you need to plug in something that outputs 720p. So either connect your PC via the PCin VGA socket. Or connect a 360 using the component or VGA connection. I'll be connecting my PC up to it once it arrives, and I'll try some 720p trailers. Other than that, I'm having to wait till xmas day for my son to receive his 360 which I will be using 720p on. I will be connecting a GC upto it via component once the leads arrive so I can test 480p Resident Evil 4 in a couple of days. I'll let you know about that as well.

Your worrying over nothing though its the exact same specs as the LE26R41B bar the HDMI connection so it does do 720p honest :)

I was looking at the 23T51B which seems to be the same thing but smaller, I take it then there's no VGA input? That's one of my main requirements

dan1979 said:
I was looking at the 23T51B which seems to be the same thing but smaller, I take it then there's no VGA input? That's one of my main requirements

well it has PCin which is DSub and thats just a VGA connection, its the exact same connection on my GFX card Radeon 9800 pro. Same as on the LE26R41B.

Its exactly the same around the back as the LE26R41B bar HDMI, my mate confirmed this as he was checking the manual over with me last night to make sure i have all the necessary leads :)

Wasn't sure if they meant the PC input was DVI.

If the 23" has a DVI (HDCP) input and can do 1280x720 via VGA then I'm definitely interested. Do you have the 23" of the 27"?

Hi need help regarding this TV Samsung LE27T51B. I bought one and received it today. Changed my settings on my pc as stated in the manual. Connected it using my existing monitor cable. Press the pc button and the pc image appears fine then stays for a few seconds and then says check signal cable. Change channel and change back and again the signal is back then goes after a few secs. Please help.

:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom