LE26R41B - Pattern on black screen

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by scrumdiddly, Mar 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. scrumdiddly

scrumdiddly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took delivery of this TV yesterday, and today I've been noticing this pattern:
    [​IMG]

Obviously the camera makes the screen look more blue than it is, but what is that light pattern? It's worst at the bottom right, and affects all sources. My guess is some kind of backlight bleed, but I hope it's temporary or fixable, whatever it is, as it's noticable when watching something dark.

2. garciag5

garciag5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Wow, that looks bad. Don't worry about the two dead pixels, but I would return it straight away based on the backlight problem. Then again I am no expert, so let's see what the more knowledgeable people have to say

3. scrumdiddly

scrumdiddly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump. someone else must have had this kind of problem, surely...

4. Urien Rheged

Urien Rheged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +864
    I had something similar with my Toshiba 42WLT58. I rang Toshiba and it is an uneven backlight/backlight bleed. After having the set for 3 weeks it had calmed down considerably, but not vanished entirely. I got a replacement set last week and it is much better on this on, although it is still there slightly in the top right hand corner if you watch the TV in a completely dark room with a black screen. I am gonna leave it another 3 weeks and it should go entirely. Its hardly noticeable on the new set unless you really look for it. Toshiba said the TV takes a few weeks to settle in, but if its still there after 3weeks then its a backlight fault.