• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Le Mans Museum

jomike

While in France on business, I took the opportunity to visit the Le Mans museum. Petrolhead heaven.

1. where it all started, the winner of the first race in 1923.

Chenard & Walcker Sport 3-Litre
by jomike, on Flickr

2. Winner in 1949, the first race after WW2.

Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta.
by jomike, on Flickr

3. On to 1974.

Matra Simca 670B
by jomike, on Flickr

4. Mazda 787B Rotary.

Mazda 787B Rotary.
by jomike, on Flickr

5. Porsche 919 Hybrid.

Porsche 919 Hybrid LMP1
by jomike, on Flickr

6. Petrolhead heaven.

Le Mans Museum
by jomike, on Flickr

shotokan101

Banned
:cool: :thumbsup:

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
I know its not a vote but I vote for the Mazda. No question. Seeing (and hearing) that thing go around Circuit de la Sarthe when I was last there was something just incredible.

snerkler

Distinguished Member
I know its not a vote but I vote for the Mazda. No question. Seeing (and hearing) that thing go around Circuit de la Sarthe when I was last there was something just incredible.
I've never been lucky enough to hear it, but it was my go to car in Gran Turismo 3 :laugh:

AMc

Distinguished Member
Great pictures and great cars.

Visited back in 2015 during a road trip around France and Spain.
The museum was chock full of brilliant cars, not just track winners.
Bizarrely the day we were there the car park was chock full of shiny 4x4 with UK plates :confused:
Le Mans old town is very pretty too - the rest of the city, not quite so much :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom