Le Mans '66 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom.co.uk

Release date: 23/03/2020

LM66_4K.jpg

Steelbook option, thread: Le Mans '66 (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
A sequel to Ford v Ferrari already? Or has the movie industry gone the same way as games and this is movie DLC?

A sequel to Ford v Ferrari already? Or has the movie industry gone the same way as games and this is movie DLC?
It's the 66th DLC content that's available. HTH's
I probably wouldn't bother unless you've seen the other 65 prequels though

Can now be pre-ordered at Zoom, link added to OP.

Called different names in different countries. Same film.

Mario on eBay currently has the U.S. 4K only disc in the slip cover, no artwork for $24.99 shipped. The two disc is $34.99.

Just finished watching this, hands down the best new film I’ve watched in a very long time, brilliant craftwork on both sides of the camera.

The disc itself is demo quality IMHO and the Atmos track genuinely made me feel that every speaker got a workout.

Can’t wait to watch it again.

missed this at the cinema (i mean i barely go anyway) but looking forward to catching the disk because i hear its demo.

That said how long after the US release.....!? Talk about inviting piracy..

Watched my US disc over the weekend. Stunning A/V, film is very good if rather long winded (much like the race) for my taste.

Just finished watching my US copy that I picked up over there a few days ago.

What a movie! This is the first movie 'premiere' that I've had in my home cinema that I really thought 'This is why I built this room!'

I mean, I've watched other great movies in there, but I've either already seen them, or they didn't quite 'make the grade', I mean, some have been 9/10's - but this really is as close to a 10 as you can get, maybe it is actually a 10!

Historical minor inaccuracies aside, this was simply brilliant! Both the picture quality and sound were truly immersive, the camerawork and the acting 'just so' (and I don't often say that about Matt Damon). The whole thing just works, really, really well.

I am someone that has zero interest in watching racing or looking into cars etc but this film I really enjoyed, decided I wanted to see it after catching the trailer before (I believe) Endgame.

Had mine on pre-order with Amazon for ages. Should be here on the 23rd. Really looking forward to receiving this one.....

I have zero interest in motor racing but thoroughly enjoyed Senna and also Rush , so will definitely be buying this one blind given reviews.

Saw this at the cinema so undecided if this will be a UHD or iTunes purchase.

But is a great film that kept me captivated from beginning to end without any uninteresting or slow parts.

Watched it last night on disc (loved it at the cinema) and what a sound track.

Really blown away by the level of detail in the surround channels, and the bass was shaking my house at times. One great demo UHD disc.

The plane landing scene was the first time I really 'got' atmos, in other movies i am sure the height speakers are doing something (generally been disappointed with atmos), but i think its more about filling in the sound. This time it really made me smile.

Last edited:
Watched it last night on disc (loved it at the cinema) and what a sound track.

Really blown away by the level of detail in the surround channels, and the bass was shaking my house at times. One great demo UHD disc.

The plane landing scene was the first time I really 'got' atmos, in other movies i am sure the height speakers are doing something (generally been disappointed with atmos), but i think its more about filling in the sound. This time it really made me smile.

I was just coming on here to post similar, when Shelby did the flyby I actually looked up! 😂

Thoroughly enjoyed the film, I spoiled a bit for myself by looking up Ken Miles on Wikipedia which was a bit dumb but I didn't know how the race finished...so that came as a bit of a surprise.

I'd give the film a solid 8/10, the disc a 9.

Watched it Monday evening. Very, very good film. Even the wife was watching avidly, which is unusual for her. She prefers lovey dovey stuff. :smashin::smashin::smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom