Le Mans 1000km @ Donington Park and off topic bike talk

Mylo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
This weekend sees the big boys of motorsport competing at one of the UK's best circuits.

Hopefully be on the TV but who knows.

Shame it's such a long journey from Berkshire :( I went to last years 1000Km at Silverstone and it rained for the whole flipping race.

I hate you :mad: ;) Jealous, yes

Good choice sir, two of the best circuits period, never mind in the UK.:thumbsup:

It's on MotorsTV Live, NOW !!!!:thumbsup:

Was planning to go but didn't make it in the end :(

Had a new toy to play with instead :smashin:

ZX12R006.jpg

that looks like a nice toy :smashin:

uridium said:
Was planning to go but didn't make it in the end :(

Had a new toy to play with instead :smashin:

ZX12R006.jpg

Very nice but that can looks huge, some serious weight saving could be gained there, and yes I am picking faults and yes I am jealous :D

I dread to think what the top speed of a 12R is :eek:

Uridium, please do not test this for me on the A1, there are too many roundabouts these days;)

I take it that Donny still has the curfew in place, hence no night time racing for the Le Mans cars:(

Some great racing and lovely to watch big cars trying to negotiate a bike GP track:clap:

Donnington is subject to noise restrictions unfortunately, would love to live close personally as you wouldn't hear me complaining about the noise :cool:

Re Kwak12's, now for some reason I believed they were restricted to 180mph but apparently not and they'll run on to over 200 :D

Zone said:
Very nice but that can looks huge, some serious weight saving could be gained there, and yes I am picking faults and yes I am jealous :D

Your right about the can, some serious weight and BHP gains to be had i feel! Apparently a full race system, filter and a remap will liberate about 5kgs and 15bhp taking the stock 185 to around 200bhp :devil: :devil:

Your partially right about the restrictions; the A1 model wasn't restricted and will hit about 190-195 out of the crate. The later ones are all resticted to 186mph.

Fortunately mine is an A1 :smashin:

you sir, are a nutter

but with very nice taste in bikes :thumbsup:

I know Zone would love to let his 1200 Bandit lose on the Autobahn:cool:

Have posted a "Mini" review in the main bike thread.

Took my TL1000 down the autobahn's a few years back on a trip to the Nurburgring.

Fantastic experience - one memorable stretch from Aachen to Cologne, 3 lanes wide and me and a mate are heads on tank's for about ten miles speedo needle buried around the 170 mark until we see a police Porsche ahead. Now even though you know your doing 170mph legaly you still panic and back off. We cruise past at about 130 lookin over at the copper, who just looks back smiles and gestures us to go faster with a finger point forwards. classic moment.

Anyway thanks for the nice comments about the new bike, do you ride a bike Mylo?

I adore bikes and have been to loads of BSB rounds, spent loads of time in the paddock. Unfortunately I don't have the right temperament to be a rider, too much red mist.
I do wonder if riding a bike would cure this though, as I know how demanding it is to keep your head on two wheels.

Food for thought :)

Mylo said:
I adore bikes and have been to loads of BSB rounds, spent loads of time in the paddock. Unfortunately I don't have the right temperament to be a rider, too much red mist.
I do wonder if riding a bike would cure this though, as I know how demanding it is to keep your head on two wheels.

Food for thought :)

Life's too short - get yourself over here http://www.begin-motorcycling.co.uk/c_berks.htm

I must admit i only see the red mist when I'm in a car, a car is just transport to me, i don't really enjoy driving due to the traffic + i guess i'm usually in a car for mundane reasons (commuting/shopping etc..) when I'm out on a bike it's purely for fun. Maybe if i had a nice 911 or something i'd see cars differently :confused:

Don't get me wrong, they are dangerous and I'm well aware there is the danger aspect to riding a bike on the road and if you don't respect the power you will eventually end up on a slab :thumbsdow but as i said - life is short.

As for racing I'm a big WSB fan, what a riding genius Nori Haga is. one of the most entertaining riders of all time IMO. second only to the now never seen ex WSB rider Anthony Gobert

Mylo said:
I know Zone would love to let his 1200 Bandit lose on the Autobahn:cool:

A lowly 165 (indicated) head on tank is the most I've managed mate, it is geared for acceleration and front wheel lifting antics of course ;)

Once lifted my head at 140ish and was nearly pulled off the back, thank christ I have the arms, neck and brain of a bull eh :suicide: :laugh:

Thats mighty impressive for naked bike.:thumbsup:

Even better as I was naked at the time :eek: :D

SERIOUSLY it has the aerodynamics of a brick and I'm quite pleased about that :thumbsup: Once you start hitting speeds where you look into the distance, blink and you've passed that point then it's time to wind it back a touch ;)

I love it :smashin:

Zone said:
SERIOUSLY I have the aerodynamics of a brick and I'm quite pleased about that :thumbsup: Once you start hitting speeds where you look into the distance, blink and you've passed that point then it's time to wind it back a touch ;)

I love it :smashin:
:D

Top stuff. I really need to give this serious consideration.

cheeky git :rotfl:

Mylo said:
:D

Top stuff. I really need to give this serious consideration.

You'll never reget it if you do :smashin:

Just put a fresh set of plugs in the 12r as it was running a bit lumpy on tickover. £50 for a set of plugs but it was worth every penny. Running sweet now

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom