1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCDs with Sky+

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Cal, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Cal

Cal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am buying this weekend, it will either be the W6 Panasonic 42inch plasma or the Sony 32 inch LCD (there are two models of the Sony, £1,000 apart at 32 inch and I have yet to see them side-by-side to figure out what is different aside from the case).

The key question is how will the LCDs look with Sky+ versus the Plasma?

I expect the LCDs to be better with a Component source but have heard they will be pants with Sky+ which is what I will be watching 90% of the time.

Thoughts?

Many thanks.

2. John Boy

John Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a JVC 32" LCD, and Sky+ was pretty crap, until the Sky+ box blew up, and they changed the single cable to a double cable, now it seems to be a lot better.

3. speedfreak

speedfreak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, sorry to hijack, but i have just bought the 26inch jvc and am getting sky+ installed next week. what do you mean by "double cable"?

4. ginger

ginger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another new guy on the block here. I'm looking to buy a 30" or 32" LCD - it's got to be less than 90cm wide to fit in an alcove. Was taken by the Sharp LC32GA3E but couldn't find a review for it. Then saw a review for the LC37GD1E which said that it wasn't too clever with Sky Digital (I assume that this comment applies to all similar Sharps). I then found the Philips 32PF9956 which has pixel plus which I'm led to believe improves the situation (but other Philips' now have pixel plus 2!!!)

As I'll be using the screen to watch Sky+ more than anything else, I'd appreciate any advice out there on what to buy (or what's just around the corner - I'd consider waiting a couple of months)

5. John Boy

John Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When they first came and fitted my sky+ I ended up having two seperate cables coming through the wall, the first original sky cable, and then the new sky+cable, when I had a problem with sky+, after four hours of looking at the box they decided it was one of the cables, so they replaced both cables with one double cable, this has made a considerable difference, I will admit you still get some fuzziness around some football games, but compared to before, it was very noticeable.