LCD with seperate AV box?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by acanning, Aug 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. acanning

acanning
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for a flat screen TV of about 37 inches (preferably LCD but would consider plasma) which will be mounted on the wall. In order to minimise the cabling I would like a screen with a separate AV box but I can’t find any. Sharp used to make one but it doesn’t seem to be on their website anymore. I would like to the screen to be hi-def compatible.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

2. kevinsmith98

kevinsmith98
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am still looking for a similar arrangement. i found two alternatives:

1, the Sharp you mention [Sharp LC32GD1E] (HDTV Compatible) :D still readily available at c.£2150k, try looking on Kelkoo, here is a typical link

Sharp Aquos separate AV Box

2, the Sony KDLL32MRX1 (not HDTV compatible) :mad: again raedily available, look up on kelkoo and its c. £2,500. again try this link.

Sony with separate AV Box

there has been lots of talk on here about multiple HDMI inputs (HDTV Sky, XBox 360, HDDVD, BluRay etc) to screens so i think i am going to go for a decent AV reveiver with multiple HDMI/Component/Scart etc in, single HDMI out. i.e. using the A/V receiver as a switching device.

there are better discussions on this on the sister board A/V recievers Forum

i will probably go for the Philips DFR9000 TECH DETAILS . it has 2 HDMI in, 1 HDMI out, but isn't going to be too expensive :clap: more details here it was supposed to be released in April @ £400 - but no sign yet!

IF ONLY I COULD FIND ONE FOR SALE ON LINE. at £400 :lease:

D&C have it at £500+

about 700Euro's from European outlets and 900 swiss francs

= who knows....... :lesson:

Good Luck

Kevin

3. spinaltap

spinaltap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +831
    I'd seriously recommend the Loewe Spheros 37 which has the seperate media box you're looking for. Moreover, it's fully upgradeable and is probably the best LCD panel on the planet.

It's bigger brother, the Spheros 37 Masterpiece doesn't have a seperate media box.

4. acanning

acanning
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help.

I'll keep hunting for the 37 inch Sharp. The Loewe looks good but is quite expensive compared to the Sharp.

I'm surprised that there aren't more models with a seperate AV box.

Cheers

5. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    The Loewe Xelos SL (rather than the A series) is the baby brother to the Spheros. It is electronically identical except the Spheros has better optics (glass panel). Most of the time, you will see the Spheros priced to include the hard disc (DR+) option and black basalt case. Take £1600 or so off for those options and the price difference above the Xelos SL is not that great. I have seen a 32" Xelos SL for under $2K. Its a great set, but the Spheros is better.

-Ian