1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD with Freeview

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by suzy, Dec 21, 2004.

1. suzy

suzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for 17" LCD television that has freeview incorporated. can anyone help.

2. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Suzy, there are a couple at the moment, the Toshiba 17WLT46 and the JVC LT17D50.....

Both are in short supply at the moment, I'm currently waiting on an order for the Toshiba set....

3. suzy

suzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if there a web site for the toshiba and the JVC?, or where I can purchase them

4. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Humax & ICE as well

5. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Lots of online retailers, but two I have used (and I'm sure there will be lots of positive/negative comments!) with good results are www.empiredirect.co.uk or www.unbeatable.co.uk. Try a search on the AV Forums hardware link....

6. BobD

BobD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Toshiba 17WLT46 and the picture quality on Freeview is very good as the digital data drives the screen directly with no analodue to digital conversion etc. Sensitivity of the freeview tuner is very as it picks up the BBC channels in Horsham West Sussex on a very old aerial even when the analogue picture is poor. Tested it on my friends high gain aerial and recieved all channels perfectly despite the postcode checkers stating I cannot receive all the channels. Compared the picture from Freeview with the analogue tuner using the high gain aerial and the Freeview is still much better due to the direct digital feed.
    Anyone contemplating purchasing a LCD TV without Freeview which drives the LCD panel directly will surely be disappointed with the result.
    Surprising there are not more LCD TV's with Freeview tuners considering how much the the tuner would cost to integrate into the TV.
    Full marks to Toshiba for providing the ideal solution and for designing it well.
    Have purchased a Televe DAT45 aerial with MRD and will erect over Xmas - this should sort my reception problem out.