1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD with Cross Hatch/Test Card

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DynamoDoug, Jul 16, 2002.

1. DynamoDoug

DynamoDoug
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I've placed a cross hatch/test card on my LCD projector which is feed directly from the SVGA socket of the PC.

I have noticed that a one pixel wide white horezontal line has a yellow above and a blue line immediatley below it. (both the next pixel above and below)

Is this normal.

I've started discusions with the supplier and would appreciate some amo.

many thanks
    Doug

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    From your description, it sounds like the blue LCD panel is slightly misaligned with the red and green ones. In most (all?) LCD devices, this is a mechanical adjustment done at the factory during setup and, AFAIK, is then sealed using an adhesive.

The adjustments are VERY critical (the width of a pixel on an LCD panel that is only a couple of cm's across) is only a few microns.

My guess is that what you are seeing is

a) unlikely to be visible in normal use, only on a test pattern (you may disagree)
    b) probably considered to be "within tolerance" by the manufacturer.

If it doesn't affect your normal viewing pleasure, and the PJ is otherwise flawless, I wouldn't start trying to get it "fixed". You might end up doing more harm than good.