• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

lcd vs plasma

richmondo

Standard Member
im looking to buy a 37"lcd or plasma over the new year i have not got hd as of yet but i have sky digi and watch a lot of movies and sports ive seen and read alot of mags each with their favs but im unsure?please can anyone give some advice to which to buy :lease:

Robstar

Standard Member
I would personally say a Panasonic TH37PX60. I don't have one, but after all the research & hours and hours on these forums, that's what I would buy.

dezmaas

Standard Member
Whatever you go for, make sure you get the guy in the shop to play an SD source directly into the TV to be sure you will get a good picture when you get home.

Many TV's in the store are showing HD broadcasts but when you put an SD signal into them they look terrible.

(learned from a bad experience) :(

chrise

Established Member
im looking to buy a 37"lcd or plasma over the new year i have not got hd as of yet but i have sky digi and watch a lot of movies and sports ive seen and read alot of mags each with their favs but im unsure?please can anyone give some advice to which to buy :lease:

Buy the TV that looks the best for you. Do go to a shop where you can see the sets and have an opportunity to play a DVD you know and can have a fiddle with the settings.

Many LCD screens are displayed to be very bright with loads of processing running that really kill SD pictures.Sonys are particularly bad at this, based on looking in somewhere like Comet you would not buy one but spend a little while in the menus you can get a good picture.

deadlyledley

Established Member

My advice would be 37px60. Should get it for £900 and if you can find an LCD of like quality for that let me know (but you won't for less than £1400)!
Excellent tv, but as someone else said, go and look at this tv next to others within your budget and see if the advice matches up with what you see.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom