LCD virgin needs some advice please.

Trapper

Standard Member
Hi All,
Fantastic forum so much information in 1 place.
Now to my question:
I have just decorated and HID has given the green light for our 1st LCD TV - MAX budget £450.
Am I better of spending the money on a "latest model" from the lesser known manufacturers Mirai, Techwood, Hannspree or will I get better value by buying a recently discontinued model for one of the "big boys"
The TVs I have shortlisted from these are :
Toshiba 32C3030D / 32WL66
Panasonic TX32LXD60
Hitachi 32LD6600
(will never have another Sony product in the House)
I know the latest models from the cheaper guys have better specs. on paper but that doesn't always transfer to real world performance.
Hope one of you LCD gurus can help as HID's patience is wearing thin and I can see my "window of opportunity" closing.
BTW sound quality doesn't matter as it will be hooked up to a Yamaha/ Aegis 1+2 system.
Cheers in advance
Neil

Trapper

Standard Member
Hi,
Not yet - use PC for games - will probably get one once the AV setup is sorted - why do you ask ? does it make a difference ?
Cheers
Neil

triplea4uk

I own a Mirai myself use it for 360, PC and TV does a great job and I am very happy with it also they offer 3 year warranty. A 32 Mirai can be picked up for about £330 so then you have some extra cash for your other av bits.

I have used the larger name brands and can't see any difference a part from they tend to have freeview built in.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom