1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD & Twin Tuners?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by tforth, Sep 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tforth

tforth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is probably a really stupid question but ... do LCD televisions have twin tuners and if not, does it matter. Reason for question, just ordered a Samsung LE26R41B after much research and my Dad asks me about twin tuners and being able to record and watch different channels Help :lease:

2. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +550
    If he wants to record an analogue tv then it is not a problem, because the TV has one tuner and then the video records / dvd recorder has one tuner...thus making two!

Most TV do not have two analogue tuners for instances.

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    If a TV offers PIP, it will often have a second tuner. For digital, it is a little more complicated. A second tuner may also need to be acompanied by a second decoder and CAM - for say TUTV. But it only becomes a real problem when recording direct from the TV. To be honest, even if a TV has integrated Freeview, it will still be likely that an external freeview tuner would still be required to record a channel different to that being watched.

4. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For best results you would want to record digital TV directly on a digital medium.
    I use an external receiver with builtin harddisk recorder so recordings have the same quality as the original broadcast.