LCD TVs are rubbish

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by zoom, Jul 22, 2004.

Tags:
  1. zoom

zoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy a 30"ish LCD but come to the conclusion that they are no good.
    They are plagued by smear once the camera starts to pan and especially on movement and faster action - not sure why this is. Every shop I have been to has been the same story of smeary picture quality (admitedly they are running a feed across several TVs - but even if it is was a single feed to a single TV would it really make a difference when receiving terrestial or digital TV).

I don't watch that many DVDs so the fact that the picture quality on LCD looks fantastic with a component feed from a DVD player is not that significant as most of the time I watch regular TV.

You only had to compare the same feed on a CRT in the same shop and it comes out fine, no smear, no blocky stuff, no motion blur just good clarity. The LCDs couldn't touch it.

This frustrates me as I love the look of flat screen LCDs and would like to get one but I have yet to see an LCD TV that doesn't have smeary rubbish going on in the background and sometimes in the foreground the second there is movement. I hope someone on this forum will be able to prove me wrong with their experience and advice.

2. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I was at one time very close to buying the phillips 9986 which gets good reviews for an lcd, but I too found that to my eyes when there was someone speaking on screen it seemed like their lips were dissolving and reforming. Once I saw this I couldn't focus on anytthing else. I'm sure within a year or two they'll be fine, but buying now I think plasma has the upperhand

3. jdl

jdl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Philips 32PF9986 ;)