1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lcd Tv

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by cj_gloop, Sep 10, 2003.

1. cj_gloop

cj_gloop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any suggestions to a novice, who wants to purchase an LCD TV, must be between 20" and 23" preferably silver, also looking to purchase a home cinema package to go with it. I have about £1750 to spend in all, anyone got any recommendations on a good combination?

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what I've seen of the big name LCD TV's, that'll leave you about £50 for your Home Cinema System!

Dave

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,027
    Probably the wrong forum.

22 inch widescreen LCD TV: Samsung LW22A13. IMO the best of the current crop. Available for about GBP1150 from e-tailers, and can be seen (along with others) in John Lewis - but typically poor aerial signal does not show it at its best. Try to see it with a clean RGB signal from a digibox or DVD.

Check out also the Philips 23 inch item although I personally have reservations about the reliability of anything with a Philips label.

Other 22 inch LCDs dismissed: Panasonic - for being too expensive, low resolution and poor vertical viewing angle; and Sharp for being low resolution and (IMO) not a pretty design. Last time I looked, it was also more costly than the Samsung.

(Resolution of Sharp and Panny = 848 x 480; resolution of Samsung = 1280 x 720).