LCD TV won't go on!

mimlloyd

Standard Member
Hi all

Last month I bought a Technika 20in LCD TV with built in Freeview from Tesco to go into a spare bedroom I've now using as a computer/study room. As I didn't have an aerial connection in the room when I bought the TV, it's only been the last week that I've actually connected and used the TV.

It's all been fine, but earlier today I went into the room to do some work and went to switch on the TV. I noticed that the little red standby light on the front of the TV is continually flashing and the remote control won't activate the TV at all. It won't switch it on or do anything. I've checked the batteries in the remote, checked the cables - even disconnecting and then reconnecting them, but this damn red light just keeps on blinking away. It's the only thing on the TV that seems to be working!

I'm going away on holiday in a couple of days time and don't want to have to make the time to go back to Tesco with the TV before I go away if at all possible. Does anyone know what the problem could be and is it easily rectified? If not, I'll have to take it back for a replacement or refund before I go away, but I wonder whether it's just a simple thing that I could sort myself.

ajm007

Not sure exactly what the problem is but try and leave the tv off for at least 1 hour then see if it is still the same. If that doesn't work it may be an intermitent power problem which would mean it would have to be changed. Sorry i can't be of any more help.

mimlloyd

Standard Member
Thanks for your advice. Did that last night and switched it on again this morning, but still the same, so thought I'd better make the time to get it back to Tesco before going away.

Just got back with a new replacement of the same make (no probs with them either changing or refunding) and connected it. I'm going to leave it on for the rest of the day to make sure it's okay.

I think I'm glad the first one broke now - when I went back to Tesco I found that they've reduced it by £20. They've given me a new one AND refunded me the £20 difference in price!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom