1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV - Which is best buy?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Stackers, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Stackers

Stackers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I'm considering buying the Philips 30PF9975 LCD TV. Part of this is based on looks but also because i've seen some good reviews of it.

I'd like to know how it works in the "Real World"! I've seen some reviews comment on "Light Bleed" and "Blurry Fast Pictures"!
    I intend to use the TV with Sky and DVD and like watching sports, i'm concerned that the TV wont be able to cope with football for example!?

Phillips are plugging their "Movie Plus" to avoid shimmer and enhance the picture on DVD's and "Pixel Plus" to enhance other pictures, does this work? What i saw of it in the store looked impressive but it's not always easy to tell!

At the moment i have a Sony 32" CRT TV and hope i won't be dissapointed with LCD?

2. Icarus

Icarus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what I have seen of largish LCD's I think you will be dissapointed.

I looked at them and if you want a great picture you would be better with CRT.

Do yourself a favour, take a look at the Panasonic TX-32PD3, from what I've seen John lewis's know how to set them up too!

3. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It really is a matter of taste. I find the lcd easier on the eyes. With sport I found that blockiness appears when fast panning across a football pitch this is apparently the plasma cells - I found this to be very clear and a little irritating. With an lcd with decent response time (16ms) maybe there is a little blur but I can't see it on my Thomson 27" and if it is there it's a hell of a lot less irritating than the plasma blockyness

4. Stackers

Stackers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Yeah i must admit the store i originally saw it in had LOTR DVD showing and it was mind blowing! The assistant said that anything thru AV will be excellent which my Sky box would be!

The Pixel Plus on this model looks superb!!!

I saw the same TV setup in Comet and the football match which was on was blurry! But it wasn't setup very well from what i could see (Are they ever in these stores!?!), certainly wasn't using scart!