1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV Viewing Height

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jonancat, Apr 13, 2005.

1. jonancat

jonancat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am planning on buying the Philips 37PF9986 LCD TV.
    I want to hang it above the mantelpiece (height 1.2m) and sit 3.3m back from the screen.

Any views on whether this will lead to neck ache &/or what is the ideal height of the top of the screen, if sitting 3.3m away?

Cheers

2. Alan111S

Alan111S
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I actually put mine in front of the fireplace - although we don't use the fire now ! The TV is certainly more attractive !

I have the centre of my 32PF9986 at 90cm high as recommended by Philips. I thought this would be too high, but actually it is ideal. But it still feels slightly weird, but I'm getting used to it.

So, putting it higher than 1.2m would be too high IMHO.

3. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The centre of the screen should be at eye level for ideal black levels. If you are mounting it with the screen centre, say, 1.5m high then you'll have to tip the screen forwards perhaps 10 degrees to provide the best picture.

As far as neck strain is concerned, all I suggest you do is fix your eyes on a point 1.5m up just above the fireplace and stare at it for an hour! Does your neck hurt?

Jimmy