1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV to DVDR via (non-Sky) digibox

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by gliderpilot925, Apr 16, 2005.

1. gliderpilot925

gliderpilot925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone set up a combination of LCD TV linked to a DVD recorder (with Hard disc!) via a Freeview set top box?

I can't get cable or Sky due to availability or planning restrictions so receive digital signals via a PACE set top box. Most contributors to this forum seem to want to connect to Sky, X-box or other non-RF input. Comments on picture quality seem to depend on whether the connection is RF or digital.
    I only want to connect an LCD TV (maybe with a digital tuner or, if not, a digibox) to a DVD recorder that has cinema type speaker system (5.1) and would like to know if anyone has come up with a satisfactory combination.

Question 2. On eBay SPL are offering 32" LCD TV's with HDMI connectivity for a buy now price of under £1200. The name on the front appears to be VIEWFIA but it's not very clear and a web search came up with nothing. Has anybody out there got any knowledge of this company (SPL) or the LCD TV's their trying to sell?

2. Ringofan

Ringofan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out the current thread on SPL sets. As has already been posted there, Indtek are the likely suspects:

http://www.indtek.co.kr/eng/index.php

It looks like you slightly mis-read "Viewpia"... Can't comment on the sets themselves though, sorry!

3. gliderpilot925

gliderpilot925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ringofan. Full marks for a positive identification. I've checked the website and that's definitely the one. The equipment seems to have evrything except the website item description is a bit confusing as I'm not sure if it has progressive scan, which I understand is a desireable feature.

Have you checked out this TV and rejected it?