LCD TV Set-up Advice

O-NO

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hope I am posting in the right place.....forgive me if not.

Right I have purchased my first LCD Tosh 32WL 56 which I view through a Sony Freeview Box using a QED AV2110 scart.

Now the picture isn't to bad but on occasion I am just left feeling a little disappointed.

I watched some repeated football on Sky the other night which looked all muddled some how. with the players not really clear and sharp.

As this is my first LCD am I expecting too much or can I tweak something for a better picture?

Appreciate any advice:)

O-NO said:
Hope I am posting in the right place.....forgive me if not.

Right I have purchased my first LCD Tosh 32WL 56 which I view through a Sony Freeview Box using a QED AV2110 scart.

Now the picture isn't to bad but on occasion I am just left feeling a little disappointed.

I watched some repeated football on Sky the other night which looked all muddled some how. with the players not really clear and sharp.

As this is my first LCD am I expecting too much or can I tweak something for a better picture?

Appreciate any advice:)

First Q:

How did you manage to watch football on SKY through a freeview box?
:confused:

First tip:
Have you tried searching this forum for some settings other people have used

bigtim said:
First Q:

How did you manage to watch football on SKY through a freeview box?
:confused:

First tip:
Have you tried searching this forum for some settings other people have used

Q1; Sky Sports News.......showed some highlights and goals.

Q2; Yes and I am still searching now and trying some different settings.

Thanks for the reply.

i have the tosh 27". I had exactly the same thing when i first got the telly, picture generally good, but football is terrible. Anyway i searched and got some setting, and it's not watchable, although not stunning. But then i only paid £425...

My settings are as follows:
Contrast 61
Brightness 54
Colour 37
Sharpness 2
DNR Soft
Black Strech off
Lum peaking off
colour temp warm.

Backlight is set to 4.

let me know how you get on.

Thanks for that noshoulders I will make a note of your settings.:smashin:

I know what you mean about football being bad - although I have the Samsung 32" I was soooooooooo disappointed with football - I almost packed it away again and took it back.
However having played with the settings it is alot better and with HD coming along sometime soon (?????) it will improve.
With the new settings the picture is better and whilst I'm sure it isn't the case the more we watch the tv the better the picture is (do LCD's need settling in to their new homes???)
Don't give up hope!

Hairloss30 said:
I know what you mean about football being bad - although I have the Samsung 32" I was soooooooooo disappointed with football - I almost packed it away again and took it back.
However having played with the settings it is alot better and with HD coming along sometime soon (?????) it will improve.
With the new settings the picture is better and whilst I'm sure it isn't the case the more we watch the tv the better the picture is (do LCD's need settling in to their new homes???)
Don't give up hope!

No I am not giving up on it.

I have had a good read through some of the recommended settings and have found keeping the contrast down helps.

Quality obviously various from station to station.

Don't think I can improve things as far as the Freeview box and scart go (Sony VTXD800U & QED SQART)..unless anyone can advise otherwise.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom