1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV:s impervious to screen burn?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Philipsguy, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Philipsguy

Philipsguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, according to a recent Home Cinema Choice review, the Sharp Aquos 30" LCD doesn't suffer from screen burn, is that true? I've seen a number of LCD computer screens suffering from screen burn...

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,032
    Dunno what youy've seen on computers but LCDs CANNOT suffer screen burn.

3. Philipsguy

Philipsguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I accidentaly left my PC TFT (same tech as LCD?) screen running a white background image and the Windows logon box and the box was faintly visible for weeks after that occasion. Perhaps LCD and TFT isn't the same thing?
    I have the 13" Aquos in our bedroom and I'm now anticipating exchanging the 32" Philips in the livingroom... Or at least keeping the dream alive...

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,032
    TFT is a common type of LCD. The after-image you have seen is not permanent - as you have noticed. This is the difference. Screen burn is permanent damage which can only be 'fixed' by damaging the rest of the screen to the same extent. This is what 'wash' programmes do. LCDs are NOT permanently affected by static images