LCD TV required with no motion blur during panning

BYF

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

I want to get an LCD TV so i can play my 360 in HD but im having a lot of trouble finding one that doesn't have motion blur issues during fast camera pans.

So far ive tried many makes from samsung, toshiba, panasonic and sony but they still all suffer from blur and loss of detail during fast camera panning when gaming whatever the TV settings.

Playing PES6 in normal long camera mode and kicking the ball up field results in the players and pitch blurring until the camera becomes fixed again. I hate this and it makes playing difficult as i cannot see who my players are clearly and where they are exactly postioned due to to this and it makes me feel sick.

I get the same thing on other games but on PES6 this is most noticeable as theres lots of fast sideways camera panning.

I do not get this effect on my CRT TV everything remains clear even during camera pans and it isn't added motion blur by the game maker.

So those of you with LCD's that have no motion blur during fast camera pans when playing on 360, what TV do you have?

Alternatively, buy a good DLP Rear pro.. ;)

My Sharp LCD suffers no motion blur whatsoever, seems to be the only one you haven't tried! Just make sure the response time is around 8ms when you buy one :thumbsup:

all the panels ive tried have been rated at 8ms, but it seems different manufacturers use different ways to measure response times anyway.

i recently tried the new panasonic lxd600, it was better but still had the same problems during camera panning, other than that it was a top tv.

i don't want a plasma due to screen burn

i believe that the new pioneers suffer from v. little screen burn

i don't want a plasma due to screen burn

I think you need to do a bit more research into plasma.

I have been using plasma since day 1 - not a hint of burn or retention.

I was all set for a plasma until I read in these forums about having to 'bed' the screen in for 200 hours! This is to decrease the chance of image retention. What a joke! Pay over a grand for a TV and not be able to use the set as I want it to? No thanks.

I was all set for a plasma until I read in these forums about having to 'bed' the screen in for 200 hours! This is to decrease the chance of image retention. What a joke! Pay over a grand for a TV and not be able to use the set as I want it to? No thanks.

So the answer is simple. Buy an LCD and have motion blur and the other ascociated problems or buy a plasma, have a slightly reduced brightness level for 100 hours and then have no motion blur and a better picture.

ALL LCDs have motion blur, its a limitation of the technology.

People have given you the coirrect advice, if you arent going to take it why bother asking?

I sort of agree with that statement.

My Sony Bravia KDLS40A12U blurs for about 5 mintues after I turn it on, but then its pin sharpe with no blurring at all, even on Pro Evo 6.

I've never noticed any motion blur on my Toshiba LCD, although I hate football so maybe you only get it on them games. :confused:

whats all this about 100hours for an LCD? you cant tell me LCD's only have 100hours life. thjat would just be stupid

The philips 32pf9731 uses clear lcd which has 3ms and you get no smearing at all as i have one.

Don't want to come across as a tub thumping plasma fan, but having made the plasma switch a month or so ago, I guess I am now.

I have had no problems with my plasma (Panasonic 42PX60) gaming with my 360 at all since getting it. That includes long sessions (6 hours plus) on GOW, GRAW, PGR etc with head up displays and permanent gfx on screen during game time.

I didn't really run it in either, couldn't be arsed. Maybe for the first week or so on slightly lower settings, but seeing as I had no probs at all I thought sod it and set it to what looked the best. I even use it on dynamic setting (the brightest) for gaming, and have had no issues with retention or burn-in at all.

Oh, and the picture is awesome! Plus it actually seems to be improving the longer I have it. HD gaming on this set is just, jaw dropping. Gears of War is something else!

Thing is, I have read umpteen threads headed "LCD vs Plasma, which is best" or similar. Frankly, they are subjective and boring.

Why can't people just answer the OP's question? He has not asked about plasma or any other alternate technology. He has asked specifically if there are any LCD owners out there who do not experience motion blur on their panel.

So all you 'tub thumping' (I like that :) ) plasma owners need not reply.

So the answer is simple. Buy an LCD and have motion blur and the other ascociated problems or buy a plasma, have a slightly reduced brightness level for 100 hours and then have no motion blur and a better picture.

People have given you the coirrect advice, if you arent going to take it why bother asking?

that

I've never noticed any motion blur on my Toshiba LCD, although I hate football so maybe you only get it on them games. :confused:

I have a Toshiba LCD too and have never noticed any motion blur whatsoever :confused:

what im experiencing on LCD's is not motion blur when the camera is still and things move fast across it, the latest panasonic i tried handled this fine.

its during fast camera panning from left to right that shows up the problem most with the graphics going out of focus until the camera becomes still again.

the philips 9731 with clear lcd only works on SD not with HD sources which is a shame.

its during fast camera panning from left to right that shows up the problem most with the graphics going out of focus until the camera becomes still again.

I'm not getting that effect either :confused:

I think you're getting the wrong end of the stick. No-one's talking about an LCD only having 100 hours life. They're saying that a plasma should be "run-in" for 100 hours or so at a lower brightness level than you would usually use, in order to prevent screen burn.

Not sure what confused you there :confused: .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom