LCD TV required for numerous uses

barnetti

Standard Member
Hello all.

I'm looking to get a new 32" LCD in about a months time, and i need it for the following purposes:

1) Watching normal T.V through a freeview box (i'm a footie fan so i dont want blurring on footie matches)

2) I get through a lot of DVD's, lots of action films so again i need a t.v. with no blurring issues.

3) I've got an XBOX 360 that i play

4) At the moment i link my computer to the tv through the normal Red/Yellow/White connector thingy and watch stuff on t.v. though Windows Media Player.

What t.v. do you guys recommend?

My original budget is £400 but can go up to £450 if the t.v is really worth it.

Also i like in the UK (if that makes a difference)

Thanks for any help!!

Barnetti

barnetti

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply.

Is this t.v. definately going to be able to cope with fast moving scenes??

Is GTAIV etc going to look better on it as well ( i currently have a 4-5 year old Sony 28")

Thanks...

Nielo TM

Novice Member
The TV will only blur high-motion contents, but only to a degree. The same is true for most (current) LCDs.

and yes, low-motion games such as GTA, HALO 3 etc... will look amazing

barnetti

Standard Member
Thanks for the advice!!

Just one quick question if i may? I keep coming across "upscaling" on the internet, what exactly is this and does this tv do it??

THanks and sorry for being a pain!

TVNewbie

Standard Member
Not to hijack but I think we have similar requirments and I also got recommended the V4000 so I have a question.

Is the Sony V4000 the best TV on the market in its size bracket?

warbzo

Novice Member
Not to hijack but I think we have similar requirments and I also got recommended the V4000 so I have a question.

Is the Sony V4000 the best TV on the market in its size bracket?
No. I'd say the Sony W4000 is the best in it's size, but it's alot more expensive than the V4000 as it is 1080p. But considering you have similar requirements to the OP then a V4000 would suite you down to the ground. You don't need 1080p with what you will be using it for.

TVNewbie

Standard Member
No. I'd say the Sony W4000 is the best in it's size, but it's alot more expensive than the V4000 as it is 1080p. But considering you have similar requirements to the OP then a V4000 would suite you down to the ground. You don't need 1080p with what you will be using it for.

Thanks warbzo, I have just had a quick look on Amazon and I can't seem to find any sub 30" W4000, is this just an amazon thing ?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom