LCD TV - Picture comes and goes

bouhalia

Standard Member
Hi

I have an acoustic solutions 37 inch lcd hd tv and am experiencing problems with it. when the tv is switched on there is no picture but sound. the tv screen is lightish grey. after about 30 minutes the picture appears. the picture comes and goes and sometimes it takes about 1-2 hours to come on. what do you think the problem is with the tv?

regards
AB

ziffius

Lightish grey sounds like the backlight is on, but no picture. So not the backlight or the inverter. If there is a fault with the screen, it's normally visable.

If it works after half hour, it could be heat related. As metal heats up, it expands. So there could be a dry joint somewhere, or something is loose etc.

Sounds repairable.

bouhalia

Standard Member
Lightish grey sounds like the backlight is on, but no picture. So not the backlight or the inverter. If there is a fault with the screen, it's normally visable.

If it works after half hour, it could be heat related. As metal heats up, it expands. So there could be a dry joint somewhere, or something is loose etc.

Sounds repairable.
Thank you for your quick reponse.

tv picture came on straight away yesterday when i turned the tv on. the tv stayed on all day but today when i switched it on the picture again had disappeared.

you say the tv is repairable. Does this mean it needs a component replacing?

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom