1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV/Monitor questions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Juzminator, May 17, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Juzminator

Juzminator
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello there,

I've had a (minor) brainwave that would involve killing three birds avec one stone; I was wondering if it was possible to get a 17" LCD monitor that can also accept some kind of aerial input?

I know that you can get tellys AND monitors in LCD form, but can they do both? The reason is that my current CRT monitor is just too damn big (19"), not necessarily screen-wise, but just the general heft of the thing, and I was curious as to whether I could get an LCD monitor to replace this AND the 14" telly we have in the same room, but it must be able to accept a standard fly-lead aerial as we've got a Sky extension in the room. Oh...and it'd be VERY handy if it also accepted either full RGB scart and/or component as I could then 'ave me XBox in here too ;)

Did that make sense?

Oh...and the other reason I asked is cos I suddenly noticed just how cheap these LCD monitors now are (from £200 from Unbeatable.com), although I understand that I probably won't get what I want for £200 :(

Ta.

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi Justin,

Check out the threads on the Grundig LCX17WSI. You can see them only in Currys and Dixons but there appears to be an upcoming clone available on line next month. I'm considering one myself!

Steve

3. Juzminator

Juzminator
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Dutch - I was beginning to think that after 50 views in the relevant forum that something was seriously amiss around here.

Will check out those threads.

:)