• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LCD TV makes crackling noise when switched off

dgtl887

Standard Member
Hey,

I bought a Sony 40" S550 TV a couple of weeks back. I was pretty excited to have it, this being a huge upgrade from an 'Element Electronics' 32" bought when I was in the US (back in India now). All in all, a pretty good set by my standards. However, I have noticed that it makes a crackling noise for a couple of minutes when I switch it off. I google'd this 'phenomena', where I found a lot of people saying that it was normal.

I don't want to take a chance with a purchase this big though, and I wanted to ask you folks - is this alright or should I be calling the Sony customer care people ?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
There is a high voltage supply inside for the backlighting, it's probably this discharging so don't worry.

dgtl887

Standard Member
@Trollslayer

I'm a little worried because this is the only TV out of the 5 that are at home that does this kind of thing.

Does anyone else have info/experience with this sort of thing ?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom