• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LCD TV interfering with NTL box

wynne_g_oldman

Standard Member
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but ever since I bought a LCD TV (Samsung LE32R41BDX) my Pace NTL box keeps changing channel/going into the EPG etc. on it's own. I called out an NTL engineer and he told my missus that the TV was causing the problem, and to try moving the box back a bit. He said that he had seen quite a few cases like this. Does anyone know how my TV could effect the box in this manner? It's not the remote controls, because it does it when I'm not using them.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
wynne_g_oldman said:
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but ever since I bought a LCD TV (Samsung LE32R41BDX) my Pace NTL box keeps changing channel/going into the EPG etc. on it's own. I called out an NTL engineer and he told my missus that the TV was causing the problem, and to try moving the box back a bit. He said that he had seen quite a few cases like this. Does anyone know how my TV could effect the box in this manner? It's not the remote controls, because it does it when I'm not using them.

If the NTL cable is connected by scart lead try putting it in the other scart socket on the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom