1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV Ghosting

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Alzir, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Alzir

Alzir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I’ve just bought a Viewsonic N3000w 30” LCD TV and am having problems with ghosting when using the PC. This is a 16ms response time panel so I thought that this wouldn’t be an issue. This is my first TFT and I’m not sure that I have set it up right.

The picture quality is good, very sharp and bright. The contrast is good and the black is black but as soon as I move a window about I can no longer read the text, it goes blurry. It is most apparent in games where I get vapour trails from fast moving objects. If I spin round in CS Source everything goes really blurry. I can’t seem to find any drivers for this monitor either so that also might have something to do with it. As I said this is my first TFT and I don’t really know what I’m doing when it comes to setting them up, there’s very little in the manual and the 24/7 tec support line in closed on weekends.

I’m not having much luck finding any good set-up guides drivers utilities or anything remotely helpful as I don’t really know what I’m looking for. Any help would be most appreciated as this is driving me mad.

2. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    how are u connected to the screen?

DVI or VGA?

also that blurring in windows of text while moving it is common