1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV from Be-Direct - extended warranty?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by phoTToniq, Jun 6, 2004.

1. phoTToniq

phoTToniq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I want to order the Philips 32PF9986 32" LCD television from be-direct.co.uk. I am confused as to whether or not I should buy the extended warranty. It costs about £260 for 3 years or £460 for 5 years. Should I get an extended warranty at all? If so which one should I get?

Hope someone can help -

Phottoniq

2. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Which?" think most extended warranties are a complete rip off.

The best way to get a five year warranty is to find somewhere for John Lewis to pricematch.

Richer Sounds do a good one at reasonable price and if you don't use it you can claim your money back (the catch is you've got a month to do so and try remembering that 5 years later). They do a 3 year one for lcd's for about 80 pounds.

I've bought the RS ones a few times and they've come in very handy.

If you're happy with a two year warranty, get a Barclaycard, they give an extra year for free and also do a pricematch thingy.

3. phoTToniq

phoTToniq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem is that I can not find anyone who is even close to the price that be-direct are offering that tv at, and john lewis won't price match a website price.

4. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at Electrical Discount UK

They have it at £2179.99 plus £200 for a 4 year warranty or £130 for 3 years.

That sounds a bit cheaper than BE with the telly only being £10 more expensive.