LCD TV for Caravan

Hi all,

Hope someone out there can help :)

After getting my parents an LCD TV for their caravan. Maybe 15"-19", however they have mentioned in passing conversations that you need a different style of plug.

I want to suprise them, so don't want to ask too many questions about what I need to buy, so my next step was to ask yourselves.

If anyone can give advice that would be great.

Thanks in advance for tolerating my naivity :suicide:

Thanks for the kind reply.

I went shopping on Sat to do a bit of research.

Most 15" Tvs should work as they use a powerpack ratheer than a kettle lead and the boxes seemed to say the TV was DC 12V.

Can someone confirm i'm right in my thinking. These will run off the leisure battery?

oldnewbie

Yes you are correct, If the lcd does use a power brick that outputs 12v dc then it will work on a car battery, however as I have mentioned it can be a bit iffy because a fully charged battery can output as much as 16v and therefor cause damage, that is why I recommended a regulated power supply 12v dc-dc power adapter what this does is regulate the incoming 11 to 16v voltage to a steady 12v, but whether you want to run the risk is of course upto you but as I have mentioned if it says the power brick outputs 12v dc then it will work :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom