1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV for a camper van

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by geeWcee, Nov 28, 2004.

1. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    My father in law is on the lookout for an LCD TV for his camper van.
    10-15" screen size preferable but apparently it must be able to run off a 12 volt power supply. Anyone know of any reasonably priced suppliers?
    More to the point, anyone on here dare admit to owning a camper van? :p

2. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    AWWW come on. Someone must own a camper van / caravan and have an LCD in it!

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Got a caravan and I want a 17" LCD

Motorhomes seem odd to me - I don't take my caravan to work and I leave it set up when we drive around on holiday.

4. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    My father in law goes everywhere in his camper including work. During his lunch hour he nips outside to the van usually for a nap - but he says he would like a nice LCD so he could watch TV in there. He has seen some at camper van conventions, but to me they seem massively overpriced for the specs. Just thought someone on here would have an idea about a supplier.
    Ah well.....

5. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    most lcd,s that have a transformer will work on 12v but you will need an inverter (maplins/camper shops) the inverter keeps the voltage level as you will know the engine tick over can increase or decrease thus dropping or highering the voltage from below 12v to over 12v but sharp reckon you can do it with there current 13"15"20" lcd,s just using a cable supplied by them its about £41.20 i think its listed as 12v lead for lcd call sharp manchester on 0161 205 2222 but it wont work on the new ones due out soon so try and snap up the current model lc15s1e if your lucky you might still get it at £299 or £499 for 20" .

and nope i dont have a camper van :thumbsup:

6. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    thanks very much for that info alscds. £299 +£45 for the inverter would be a bargain for him compared to what he has seen so far.

Cheers.

7. delilah

delilah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    also looking for one for caravan--lightweight, cheap 250 max 14 to 19'' widescreen also must work wih hdtv as between big tvs right now-- sometimes i run a generator, sometimes hook up sometimes battery, I had assumed just plugged it in as normal but suppose maybe I need stuff for these different options? esp from battery- as plugs dont work on battery circuit i think..:hiya: all best deh