1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV connection via DVI to HTPC.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by zerocool1, Aug 9, 2005.

1. zerocool1

zerocool1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope someone can help me here.
    My 32” LCD TV (http://www.relisys.com/products/features.cfm?cat_id=2&size=13&prod_id=94) is connected to my HTPC, with an ATI Radeon 9800 graphic card, via DVI. The panel has a native resolution of 1366x768 and I have managed to get 1:1 pixel mapping.

Still I have 2 problems:
    - When I run 1366x768 or 1360x768 a horizontal flickering line moves from the bottom of the screen to the top. The problem is only present with the mentioned resolutions.
    - On the right side of the panel 6 pixel lines is distorted.

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    A guess - try different refresh rates?
    What does the manual say about this, I would try 50hz, 60hz, 70hz, 75hz, up to whatever max the panel supports.

lisa

3. zerocool1

zerocool1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you’re probably on to something there Lisa.

I’ve spent some hours tinkering with Powerstrip and this is what I have come up with so far:
    -I have achieved at getting the flickering vertical line to move faster, slower and in the opposite direction (from the top to the bottom). However I have not achieved in getting the line to disappear.
    - I have got the distortion in the right side to disappear (it seems that all the pixel lines are activated). However when this calibration is activated I no longer have 1:1 pixel mapping in the vertical direction.
    I think the problem lies with the 6 extra activated pixel lines.

The 2 different descriptions are with two different calibrations.

In the LCD manual it states that 1366x768 runs with a horizontal frequency of 48.387 KHz and a vertical frequency at 60.00 KHz.

This is what I get when running the "Digital test pattern by Mark". It is set up as a background image and tiled on my desktop.
    [​IMG]

This is how it looks when I succeed in getting 1:1 pixel mapping.
    [​IMG]