Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

LCD TV Compatibility Query

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by OhPinchy, May 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. OhPinchy

OhPinchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,

I'm in the Ireland and will be buying an LCD TV to go with my Windows Media Center in my Living Room. I will be buying from either Ireland or the UK.

Are many LCD TVs sold in Ireland/UK NTSC compatible? The reason I ask is I may be getting a Windows Media Extender from the US and they only output NTSC as far as I know (or component to CRT TV -would all LCDs take this in?).

Do most LCD TVs accept VGA input?

Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent LCD TV that will be a decent size without breaking the bank? Budget is around 1000 EUR/£700 GBP and we are not ovely fussy - picture does not need to be spectacular, just decent. We will be buying a separate amp and routing audio through this.

Thanks.

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out Aldi next week. They have what sounds like an excellent 32" for £750. It was €999 in germany so you may get it for that in Ireland

Dave