1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV Cables Confusion...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by vinyardx, Sep 12, 2005.

1. vinyardx

vinyardx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a LE26R41B LCD and I am a little confused as to exactly what cables I need to buy to get everything going.

I want to connect my PS2 which I think I need a component for, right? Or is it possible to connect it with HDMI?

Also, to hook my PC up to this baby I need a VGA to VGA lead and an audio jack cable... I think... right???

Any specific brands/models of these that people can recommend would be appreciated too.

Thanks.
    Ant.

2. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,401
    The PS2 does not support HDMI and component is the best you can get out of it. GAME do their own PS2 component cable although it migh be better to get the official Sony PS2 component cable. The official one isn't easy to find in local retail stores although there probably are online sites where you can find it. Not many PS2 games take advantage of HD or progressive scan especially PAL ones and an RGB Scart cable maybe a good alternative.

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    As an owner of the GAME PS2 -> component cable, I cannot recommend this cable. But then, it was only £10 and I expected no more of it. The only reason why I keep it is that I can do AV switching and format conversion/scaling to HDMI with component sources. But to be honest, I may go back to my s-video cable for the grief it gives me. A small picture in the middle of the screen caused by what appears to be a huge amount of overscan on the component output.

4. alphaomega16

alphaomega16
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,164