LCD TV best for PS3 setup

jamesbaa

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello people, As you can probably see this is my first post on the forum, basically iv got a PS3 today and im now in need of a new TV due to not being able to select AV on my current old one! Its gona be used manly for PS3 but also for watching TV aswell. what 37"-42" LCD would you recomend for about £600-£700! what should i be looking out for when searching for LCD's and where would you recomed getting one from?

Thanks in advanced

James

*I appologise if this is the wrong section, its just such a hugh forum i didnt no where was right to post, and also i appologise if its been covered befor i did search but it came up with such a varst variety off topics*

BUMP

Just been looking around what is this TV like LG 42LF66

and also this one LG 37LF75

Don't go for LG, I would either opt for a Sony (V3000) or a Panasonic LXD80 series.

can you elaborate as to why to not go for the LG and whats better about the sony and panasonic ones :confused:

These LG models are not good,especially the LF66 which is rather crappy.The V3000 offers much deeper balcks,detail

Also look at the V3000 series thread, lots of people really happy with it. Plus you have a PS3, be nice to go all branded and get a Sony TV as well! :cool:

well iv just bought one its a D series 40"

The 40D3500?Great model!

its the KDL40D3500U got a good deal aswell, i got it for £600 brand new straight from sony

Excellent price!

personally, im loving the image on samsung lcd's. ive got an le40n87bdx and have been well chuffed with it. the latest models are more of the same but with higher contrast ratios and half the response time (4ms).

my mate just ordered an le32a436 for about £440 with a five year gaurantee. i noticed, as i was looking around for him, there were le40m87bdx for about 700 with a three year gaurantee. its got a 15000:1 contrast and 8ms response.

i had difficulty finding a similarly sized panel with similar features (1080 24p, freeview tuner, est recommended, etc)

also- the tv show 'the gadget show' have bought loads of this exact model to display their logo in the show- they must be okay!

thats no reason not to get a sony telly though, and toshiba have had some gushing reviews in these forums!

Hi, Im looking at this one as well - where did you get it from Sony - online?

Matt

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom