1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV as PC Monitor

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by orange_master, Aug 26, 2005.

1. orange_master

orange_master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Samsung LE32R41BX LCD Tv and I would like to use it as a PC monitor as well as a TV. The picture when plugged into the DVI output (cable used is a HDMi - DVI supplied with my Samsung hd950) on my PC cuts off the edges and I have been unable to alter the PC resolution to 1366 x 768 as specified on the Samsung spec.

Do I need a new graphics card? Exising is a Hercules 9800se AIW.
    I have downloaded the latest ATI driver which gave me the option for the correct resolution but the TV looks corrupt when I first change the setting in the control panel and then the pc looses this setting on reboot!!

Any idea's would be appreciated.

2. Xelon

Xelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I have a Hercules 9800SE AIW (modded to a pro), but not on my HTPC thats Nvidia. Try setting the resolution to 1360 x 768, I'm sure the Card will be able to translate this resolution as it's divisible by 8, also I have connected DVI to DVI, so can't comment on DVI to HDMI, also look at the LCD forums as there is literally thousands of posts about the Samsung LE32R41BX.

Good Luck!

3. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    Try 1360 * 768 as there is an option for that...