LCD TV and sharp PC display? 1:1?

audio design

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all

when you change resolution on a PC lcd to anything other than its naitive display you get softening of image.

If I hook up my PC to a Samsung lcd TV display will I get this softening because its not square pixel? would i need to buy an Acer lcd TV to get this to work properley? Is this anytning to do with 1:1 pixel mapping?

Basically what i need to know is can I get a pin sharp display from my Mac on a samsung LCD

thanks in advance

Set the resolution of the videocard as the native rate of the display, so if your LCD TV has a resolution of 1366x768, set the videocard to 1366x768. Some TV's can accept non native and not strech the image (ie set 1024x768 and show borders on left & right side) I found 1024x768 stretched perfectly ok, as it's only stretched horinzontally, not vertically (vertical is native)

probably find that resolution on video card should be set to 1360*768 not 1366 as that is not a standardised resolution.

thanks for the replies

so does that mean if the resolution is set to 1360 it will just display black in the missing area? rather than stretching and going soft.

and does anyone know what the benefit of 1:1 is?

audio design said:
thanks for the replies

so does that mean if the resolution is set to 1360 it will just display black in the missing area? rather than stretching and going soft.

and does anyone know what the benefit of 1:1 is?

Yes, at 1360x768 through the VGA port, my Sammy LE32R41BD has a black column 3 pixels wide at either side of the screen. This is barely noticable and gives 1:1 pixel mapping. The benefit of this is that there is no scaling whatsoever and the image is as sharp as possible - ideal if you are using the screen as a PC display as well as for video. Games that run at this resolution look particularly good.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom